Thursday, September 15, 2011

Registering a car in Arizona?

I want to register my car in Arizona but I would first like to know how much this is going to cost me specifically for my type of car.



I have a 2005 Chevy Malibu Classic...does anyone know what this is going to run me?
Registering a car in Arizona?
The state won't quote the fees. I'd guess around $200. Nobody can really tell you except for the MVD. I live in AZ, BTW.
Registering a car in Arizona?
This is from the servicearizona web site (link below). The hard part is figuring the assessed value.



Vehicle registration fees include a $4.50, $8.00, or $9.00 registration fee (depending on the type of vehicle); an air quality research fee of $1.50; an air quality sticker fee of .25 (depending on the location the vehicle is being operated in); and a vehicle license tax (VLT) assessed in place of a personal property tax charged by other states.



The VLT is based on an assessed value of 60% of the manufacturer's base retail price reduced by 16.25% for each year since the vehicle was first registered in Arizona (15% before 8/1/98). Then, as of the Dec 1, 2000 reduction, the rate is calculated as $2.80 (new vehicles)/$2.89 (used vehicles) for each $100 of the assessed value.



For example, for a new vehicle that costs $25,000, the first year assessed value would be $15,000 and the VLT would be $420.00. The second year the assessed value would be $12,562.50 and the VLT would be $363.06.

No comments:

Post a Comment