Friday, September 23, 2011

How much does a car inspection cost in Texas?

I need to get my car inspection done before the month is out and I am trying to budget the cost in. Unfortunately I have no idea how much this costs, and google isn't much help. Can anyone tell me how much a car inspection costs? I live in Austin, TX. My car is a 2007 Yaris, so I know it will pass especially since I have been keep up with the maintenance.
How much does a car inspection cost in Texas?
An inspection is $39.99. I live in Houston. I am pretty sure the state set that price so it should be that every where in Texas.
How much does a car inspection cost in Texas?
It's $14.50. plus the emissions test, which is $16.25 in Travis County.
check out the Texas DPS website....its a start.



I am not sure about the chart. In austin, travis county, it looks like you will need the Safety and OBDII/TSI inspection. It looks that should cost upto 28.50.



If you are looking for a place for the inspection, just about every car place on Jollyville, north of the Arboretum area does the inspection.



http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/Misc/faq/faq_emis.htm#exemptest

No comments:

Post a Comment