Thursday, September 15, 2011

How can I relate to my cousin again? It's just so hard...?

I met a cousin when I was 11 and I am 17 now. We were closer than anyone I knew. We couldn't be separated from one another. As I said, we were inseparable. We hung out 5-6 days a week and we went to the same school on and off. Well, about 2 1/2 years later, I broke the law while she was in the car with me. I paid for my court fees along with other classes and she was let off. Then, a month later without any notice, I didn't talk to her for 6 months. I was worried about her so much. She called and told me her mom dropped her and her 2 siblings off 9 hours away from home. To make a long story short, since she has been in and out of foster homes along with being abused for a short period in one of them. Her mom is a crack-head and never even showed up to any of the court dates. She came to visit once and we no longer had a strong connection like to use to. I write her sometimes on Myspace and I want to be close to her so badly. She just seems different and emotionally distant now. It's been about 3 1/2 years since she's moved. She turns 18 pretty soon and I was hoping she would move back but by the looks of it she isn't. How can I relate to my cousin again? Is it possible to be that close as we were before again? Any advice is appreciated.
How can I relate to my cousin again? It's just so hard...?
People grow apart. Some people live very tarnished lived and find it hard to relate to people who have they feel have lived cherished lives. She could be protecting you from herself, she could hate you for having the life that she could not. But at this point it doesn't look like things can return to what they used to be. Should she want to reconnect with you, watch out for it may be the need for money... on the guise of restarting a connection for her just to leave once she has the cash.
How can I relate to my cousin again? It's just so hard...?
just let her know that your there for her
wow...this story is sooo sad! just let her know that u are there for her and that u always will be. plus...people grow apart and i think u just need to understand this sucky part of life! but maybe i am wrong...i mean if u guys were so close and stuff and now u really miss her...then the chances are that she misses you to! maybe invite her over to ur house to do something fun...like just hang out or go to the mall! but i feel bad for u and ur cousin...so...just try to stay in contact more...but dont smother her. hope this helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment