Friday, September 23, 2011

How often should a car be waxed in California?

I live in southern CA where the summers get very hot and the winters are mild. We don't get much rain and obviously no snow. I wax my car about once a quarter - or 3-4 times a year. This seems to work fine as long as I make sure to wax the car right before the HOT part of summer. Any other recommendations? My car is a silver sedan.
How often should a car be waxed in California?
That's how often I wax my '89 civic and some people think I got a new paint job. Keep what you are doing and try to park under a shade.
How often should a car be waxed in California?
Like skin on our bodies, paint and clear coat must be kept clean and protected. Think of hand and body lotion as wax for your skin.



If your car is hand washed once a week and garage kept, depending on your geographic location, you can go as long as 90 days before needing to apply wax.



If the vehicle is black and or you reside in an extreme environment, it should be waxed every 45 days.
I lived in southern Cal for many many years. I always waxed my vehicles once a month. You may not have snow etc but you do have smog which damages paint finish. I could have gone to waxing it once every two months but I liked the extra wax protection to help prevent scratches etc and if some yahoo opens their door against your car and leaves a paint transfer, it rubs right off on fresh wax.
  • identifying rows
  • vb
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment