Thursday, September 15, 2011

Spiteful act caught on CCTV. How should I deal with this?

It is unfortunate but my neighbor had a guest over who parked in our parking garage ( private property ) without permission in our spot. It's limited parking and givng this car had been there on and off for a couple of days/ None the less, it was towed as we had NO idea who it belonged to.



It's bad, it turned out to be a neighbors guest who was parking without permission. the towing fee was $288 due to the car being impounded.

The neighbor knows I had the car towed and has not talked to me about it.



Our lobby is under cctv dvr recording. We can untilize this for questionable activity, vandalism etc. I posted a flyer for a very important charitable organization that I trying to raise funds for. It went missing after being up for a couple of days. I have access to the dvr and it really bothered me who would take down such a notice?



Plain to see on cctv. I found my sptieful neighbor removing my flyer this morning at 1:47 am according to our dvr. ikts upsetting to me, but not because its an act against me, but rather being spiteful towards a charity who had nothing to do with this issue.



How should this be handled? I don't want to speak to him directly as he seems volitale I am thinking a note?
Spiteful act caught on CCTV. How should I deal with this?
Do you have a council or management company for your building? I suggest writing a letter to them. They should have access to the CCTV and hopefully they will intervene on your behalf. As much as I advocate neighbour to neighbour conversation to resolve most issues, it sounds like this person is not only inconsiderate (they allowed their guest to park in your spot), but maybe a little unbalanced (ripping your flyer down). Don't bother approaching this person or leaving a note; it will only be perceived as harassment.



I get that you had the car towed because you didn't know who it belonged to, but did you try leaving a warning note on it the first time it was there? You said it was parked there on and off. Would it have been possible to knock on a few doors to find out who it belonged to first? I'm not saying you didn't have a right to have it towed, especially if there is obvious signage, but sometimes the neighbourly thing to do is to ask around first.
Spiteful act caught on CCTV. How should I deal with this?
you should talk to your neighbour and tell them that they shouldn't have THEIR guests park in UR spot, thats it

its their fault, and now they are just trying to do something really mean to get back at you

try to talk
You should've talked to your neighbor in the first place when their guest was parking their car instead of having the car towed. I don't see why people can't deal with this type of issue face to face.
Woah. That's a tight situation. I agree that the best means of communicating your message would be a note. You could say exactly what you told us-- that it's not that you're so much offended by him being rude to you, but that you find it intolerably immature and extremely thoughtless and slightly sadistic that he would get a charity involved. Let him know that you don't want trouble and that you will be peaceful towards him if he returns the favor.

I hope i could help!
don't EVER second-guess yourself.
talk to your neighbor

No comments:

Post a Comment