Thursday, September 15, 2011

My car repo'ed & auctioned within 2 wks, & now I am being charged $6000.00, how can they do that? Is it legal?

My car was repo'ed after discussing with a local finance company in the Denver Metro area (Fireside Bank). Tried to find a workable solution to my payments, until I got back on my feet. They said, if I paid them $200.00 in %26quot;good faith%26quot; they could work out a arrangement with me. (I was only 2 months behind) I paid the $200.00 and 3 days later they repo'd the truck without any written notice and 2 wks later they auctioned it, not allowing any time to reclaim the vechicle and now are trying to stick me with a bill of $6000.00, for a vechicle that they sold for less then the value of the loan, leaving me no more options.

I just want to find out if this is lawful. Any help would be appreciated.
My car repo'ed %26amp; auctioned within 2 wks, %26amp; now I am being charged $6000.00, how can they do that? Is it legal?
You were in default of the original agreement and have unfortunately found out what happens with a reposession. What they did is not ethical, but is legal.
My car repo'ed %26amp; auctioned within 2 wks, %26amp; now I am being charged $6000.00, how can they do that? Is it legal?
It is my understanding that accepting any payment including partial payment resets the time for delinquency under the law. For this reason many companies will not accept partial payment.



You should consult an attorney about this matter because you have rights...some of which were violated.



Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment