Thursday, September 15, 2011

Trading in a car without car insurance?

I have a 2003 BMW 325xi station wagon that's been sitting in my garage for quite some time now, and I'd like to take it to a dealer tomorrow to trade it in, however, I haven't had insurance on it in a while, and I was wondering if i needed insurance to trade it in for another used vehicle. If I do, how can i get temporary insurance for just that one day or perhaps a week, and extend it to the new car that I am buying? I have the title and registration for the vehicle.
Trading in a car without car insurance?
The dealership could care less. They just want to sell you a car, and move it off their lot. The finance company will make it a condition of your loan that you must carry insurance on the new car for the length of the loan.



Loosing or canceling the insurance before the loan is paid in full would be considered a default of the conditions of you loan, and the finance company would then usually buy single interest insurance (which only protects their interests) and will add the high costs of the policy t your monthly payments. Happy shopping.
Trading in a car without car insurance?
you don't need insurance to trade it but you need insurance if you drive it. Call your agent and they may %26quot;bind coverage%26quot; for you for the drive to the dealer(s). My agent does this for me often. It was explained to me that they %26quot;sit on%26quot; the situation and then in the case of an accident, they would issue a policy and and I would have to pay the premium but at least I am covered in the event of a claim. This is just one reason to buy insurance from a local agent and not from a voice on the telephone or worse yet on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment