Friday, June 3, 2011

How to Check your points & plugs ?

How do you Check your points %26amp; plugs on a diesel car. (Citroen c3). I have very little knowledge of cars so keep it simple please...|||they are right diesal dont have points and plugs . on many of the newer diesal they have a high presure oil pump that will fire your injecter .so the oil must be change reg.and fuel filter too|||Diesel engines need little in the way of servicing. Fuel,air and oil filters. Glow plugs (heater plugs) and injectors are items that should be checked/ replaced by a garage when needed which is rare.|||Points and plugs on a diesel eh? Well I%26#039;d tell you, but that information is classified. Why classified? Well because a diesel engine has no spark plugs, nor does it have points. |||you see now! your trying to fool me, are,nt you? ha, ha. a diesel don,t have points and plugs. they have glow plugs.|||diesel engines do not use points and plugs.... never have... but the diesel filter needs replacing regularly and oil changed regularly for problem free motoring... also use normal diesel and not bio or from cheap dodgy dealers... as the fuel pumps are sensitive and expensive...|||Aaah, now I see where your coming from. I have a C3 %26amp; had this exact same problem just the other week. My light also stayed on on the dash saying there was a blockage in the fuel. It had no power. I let it stand for a day %26amp; night then it started up fine, but the light stayed on on the dash. I took it to the MOT Centre %26amp; they said that C3%26#039;s often have this problem. He put it on a computer thingy %26amp; it showed no problems, the light then went off %26amp; I have had no problem since. Why ? I honestly couldn%26#039;t say. If your C3 is continuing to do this, give the MOT Centre a ring %26amp; I%26#039;m sure they will be able to help, taking it to Citroen will be more expensive.





Good luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment