Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I report a Chevrolet dealership to its corporate offices?

I traded in an older Lexus for a 1 year old Chevrolet. Unfortunately, and as I learned later, the Lexus%26#039;s title was bad due to a mistake made by a county clerk. So, the finance officer at the dealership said he would give me $1000 out of his pocket outright for the Lexus, bad title and all. I agreed.





I got a $2000 rebate on the purchase of the Chevrolet. $1000 in cash and the other $1000 in a check from Chevrolet.





When I returned a few days later for the $1000 check. The finance officer got in my face about how the Lexus broke down on him and how he has to spend $1,200 on a new engine, etc.





I told him that I%26#039;d go 50 / 50 with him on a new engine, so I signed over the $1000 check to him and said we%26#039;d get straight later.





A day or two later he said I couldn%26#039;t sign over a check like that and if I could, would I please go with him to the bank, cash the check and give him the cash. I did.





Every following inquiry to him afterwards about a reciept for the new motor and installation was met with hostility by him. I went and told the GM of the dealership about it and he was hostile also.





I went back to demand to see the car and get a receipt for the motor and he got into the typical salesman shpeel about how I%26#039;m playing games etc. I took the high road and left it at that. If $1000 is gonna break me that doesn%26#039;t say much for me, and speaks volumes about him.





I do think it%26#039;s necessary for Chevrolet%26#039;s corporate offices to be informed of this kind of practice by thier own people.





This is Munday Chevrolet in North Houston / Spring, TX.





What corporate office would be the best one to contact?





Thanks|||Sounds like both parties here were trying to pull something. If you had title %26quot;mistakes%26quot; why didn%26#039;t you get them fixed first?

No comments:

Post a Comment