Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My car was charged off by my finance company. It no longer runs and I need to get rid of it. How do I do this?

My car loan was charged off by Ford Credit but they actually told me they would not repossess because my car wasn't worth it to them. Now my car no longer runs and I need to junk it but the title still has a lien on it. What can I do to get rid of my car? I am not looking for a profit, just want to get rid of it.
My car was charged off by my finance company. It no longer runs and I need to get rid of it. How do I do this?
Ford still owns the car so you can't do anything with it until you satisfy (pay off) the lien. You can't sell it or junk it without the title. You can't get the title without paying off the lien.



All of these methods used by the lender do the same thing. You will never be off the hook for paying back what you owe. No matter if it's a repo or a lien, you still owe the bank, you always will. That never goes away.



So you live with a dead car in your yard. The lien will prevent you from getting another loan. It's just like a repo but it's cheaper to process for Ford and it freezes your credit so it prevents you from getting rid of the car or replacing it.



You need to pay off the lien or fix the dead car and keep driving it. Or you can go pay cash for a cheap car and avoid the mark the lien will put on your credit report.
My car was charged off by my finance company. It no longer runs and I need to get rid of it. How do I do this?
Pay off the lien first so that you can get a clear title. Then, sell it privately or junk it.



If you try to sell it with a lien on it, it won't happen.



*EDIT* - If you don't have the money, you can't satisfy the lien. You could %26quot;sell%26quot; the car to someone or a junkyard, but they cannot register the vehicle and therefore cannot take possession of it. I wouldn't try it.
there is away take it to a repair shop and dont go back or tell them to keep it .they can put a mech. lien on it and in thirty day it belongs to them if ford wants the car they will come after it or not *****
  • pedicures is flirting
  • blackhead eraser
  • 1 comment:

    1. I am really impressed and you do an appreciative work. Thanks for sharing. I like to read this topic. Please share something more. Thanks! Buy car insurance online

      ReplyDelete