Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How can I remove paintball residue from my car?

Some idiot sprayed what I think is a paintball at my car the other day. I went through the car wash and there's still all this sticky residue splattered over the side of my car. I don't want to ruin the paint on my car, but I need to get this stuff OFF!
How can I remove paintball residue from my car?
You're going to have to wash it by hand and scrub it. You might try using %26quot;Bug and Tar Remover%26quot; if it's really tough to get off. Once you have it clean, re-wax the car.
How can I remove paintball residue from my car?
Try varsol.

What I also use to get paint off is Throttle body cleaner. Be very carefull with it.

Furniture stripper will also for sure get it off, but I would highly not recommend using it. It will strip or bubble your car paint if you leave it on for just a couple of seconds, maybe even less.
hmmmm it sounds like it was an oil based paintball that your car was hit with. All I can suggest is maybe varsol, or maybe nail polish remover. If it had been a water based paintball, it should come off when you got your care washed.
Have the car buffed out or use laquor thinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment