Thursday, October 6, 2011

How can we park a car on the street to stay overnight safely?

My friend went to Birmingham twice to take a short course. He parked his car on the street overnight. The front lights of his car was damaged by strangers twice. Is it because it is a sports car? Could u give him some suggestion to avoid this happen again, please?
How can we park a car on the street to stay overnight safely?
Many vandels will attack any car. But sports cars and luxury cars are their prime targets. I drive a Jaguar XJ saloon and there is no way I would leave it parked on a street at night.



Is he stopping in a hotel or B%26amp;B? Is there a nearby car park he could park on? I know on a car park it still would not be 100% safe, but it would reduce the risk. Like another poster said, perhaps a car cover would help if he has to leave it on the street.
How can we park a car on the street to stay overnight safely?
I have a classic Mercedes convertible. If parking away from home I fit a car cover to it. Then people can't see what it is and probably just assume it's an old banger with a broken window!



I've never actually had my sports car vandalised, though I did once have my company car badly scratched in a supermarket car park.



Halford's is a good place to go for car covers.
You can't.



If you leave a car parked in the street, especially at night, you will risk some mindless yob vandalising it, unfortunately.



Such is today's society...
%26quot;Is it because it is a sports car?%26quot;



It's possible, as people maybe jealous. But many cars get vandalised when left on a street. maybe just a coincidence it has happened both times.
Take public transport.
Park the car somewhere else. or get a bodyguard for the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment